Family values are deep-rooted in Azerbaijan, and have been passed down from generation to generation since time immemorial. Care of youngsters, and respect for the elderly are cherished traditions in our country.
Renowned American businessman Shervin Peshawar gave a lecture at ADA University on “Impact of contemporary technologies on global business environment”
First Vice-president of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva and Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attended the event.
Today, businessman Shervin Peshawar, who, having trusted “start-up” initiatives such as “Uber” and “Airbnb” that became giant global companies, had made investment in them, shared his views as to how to find successful business ideas, speaking before students and academics of ADA University.According to him, when making investments in various projects that are in the primary stage, one should be ready to expect that 99 percent of these projects will lose money. However, the remaining 1 percent, justifying hopes, develops and repays all the investment made, with interest. “Those suffering misfortune do not make me abstain from them, as their steady application of ideas, diligence, in fact, leads them, sooner or later, to success”, - said the American businessman.
Shervin Peshawar recommended the students to consider two factors – never lose self-confidence and study in detail the scientific dimension of the business they would have started , while establishing “start-up” businesses in future. He said: “If your ideas have a potential to change peoples’ lifestyle and conduct, be sure, they will definitely be profitable”.
Citing the activities of Hyperloop One Company, of which he is a cofounder, Shervin Peshawar said: “To revolutionize the transport sphere, this project is going to offer an overground transportation facilities allowing to overcome long distances at an ultra-high speed. This technology, which would allow to overcome distances that today requires hours for just a few minutes, may change the lifestyle of people, and even all industries. There is no doubt such projects would be successful.”
The renowned scientist called on the young Azerbaijani scientists to work on projects that would facilitate peoples’ life and find solutions for challenges facing the humankind, rather than going about those ideas that would focus on sheer profit.
In the lecture’s conclusion, the American scientist answered questions of students of ADA University.